Dr Ng Eng Seng
MBBS (UM), MS ORTHO (UM), CMIA (NIOSH)
Fellowship of Hand and Upper Limb Surgery (Australia)
Dr Ng Eng Seng is one of the few early hand surgeons in Malaysia. He has vast clinical experience in treating various diseases, illness and injuries involving the hand and upper limb. He previously worked as a hand and upper limb consultant in University Malaya Medical Centre and University Malaya Specialist Centre from 2006 till 2009. In University Malaya, he was also a senior lecturer training the master orthopaedic surgeons and local hand surgeon. He was also the Head of the Hand and Reconstructive Microsurgery Unit, University Malaya Medical Centre from 2006 till 2009
He received his Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery (MBBS) from University Malaya in 1995 and then Master in Orthopaedic Surgery in 2002. Dr Ng worked as consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon in Hospital Seremban and Hospital Serdang from 2002 – 2004, later he continued his advanced training in Hand, Upper Limb and Microsurgery in Adelaide Australia in 2004 under the world renown Hand Surgeon Dr Edwards Mah. Subsequently he contributed his expertise in the hand surgery in the prestige University Malaya Medical Centre.
In his clinical practice, he subspecialties on congenital hand abnormality, peripheral nerve and brachial plexus surgery, tendon repair and reconstruction, fractures of the hand and upper limb, hand arthritis surgery and wrist surgery (including arthroscopy) and repetitive hand disorders.
He is also active in research to improve the quality of patient care and treatment. He is the team that won the Gold Medal for project “Development of a new external finger fixator to correct flexion Deformity” in ITEX Malaysia and Ministry of Science, Technology and Innovation at 8th International Invention, Innovation & Technology Exhibition ITEX 2007 Kuala Lumpur. This also won the bronze medal award in the Ekspo Penyelidikan, Rekacipta & Inovasi 2007 University Malaya 2007.
He has actively published 12 publications in local and international journals on the Giant Cell Tumour of bone, Minimal invasive repair of Achilles tendon, tendon surgery, flap surgery, carpal tunnel and external fixator for finger. He also wrote as a co-author in 2 books chapters on “Scaphoid Fracture” and “Management of Triangular Fibrocartilage Complex “ in International Textbook in Miller Orthopaedic and Plastic Surgery.
He is passionately involved in educational activities for post-graduates and fellow surgeons and public community awareness. He has been invited as speakers in about 50 talks local, international and community service public talks on hand and upper limb. He also contributed about 20 write up in local health magazine. He is an active member of Malaysian Society of Surgery of the Hand and Malaysia Orthopaedic Association.
- Hokkien and
- Malaysia Medical Council, MMC registration 38201
- National Specialist Registrar
- Malaysian Society of Surgery of the Hand
- Malaysia Orthopaedic Association
- Consultant Hand, upper limb and Micro surgeon, since 2008
- Sime Darby Subang Jaya Medical Centre
- Sime Darby Ara Damansara Medical Centre
- University Malaya Medical Centre
- Consultant Hand Surgeon, 2006-2009
- Head of Hand and Microsurgery Unit, 2006-2009
- Consultant Hand Surgeon
- University Malaya Specialist Centre, 2006 – 2009
- Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon
- Hospital Seremban 2002 -2004
- Hospital Serdang 2004
Research and Publications
- Ng Eng Seng, YO Ng, R Gupta, F Lim, E Mah, “Repair of acute Achilles tendon rupture
using a double ended needle”, 2006, J Orthop Surg (Hong Kong), Vol. 14(2), pg. 122-7,
- ES Ng, Saw Aik, Sengupta; , “Giant Cell Tumour of bone with late presentation treatment and Outcome Journal of orthopaedic surgery Dec 2002”, Dec.2002, J Orthop Surg (Hong Kong),
- HS Herman, NA Abu Osman, TS Tunku Sara, Ng Eng Seng, “A Study of the External Finger Fixator to Correct Flexion Deformity” Journal of Biomechanic, Vol 40 (S2): 183
- Lius GE, Ng ES “Acute compartment syndrome of the hand in Henoch-Schonlein Purpura. J Med Case Reports. 2007 Mar 2;1:6.
- Teh KK, Ng ES, Choon SK “Mini Open Carpal Tunnel Release using Knifelight®:evaluation of the safety and effectiveness of using a single wrist incision” Journal of Hand Surgery (European Vol) 2009
- Chiu CK, Ng ES, Simon T, Sara Ahmad, “The use of a trifurcation of the lateral antebrachial cutaneous nerve for digital nerve grafting- a case report” JBJS 2009
- Kwan MK, Ng ES, Penafort R, Saw A, Sengupta S. “Resection arthrodesis for primary bone tumour about the knee. “, MMj 2005, Vol. 60 Suppl C, no. July, pg. 66-71,
- Ng Eng Seng, JRS Ting, SL Foo, SA Akram, AA Fadzlina, JS Alywiah, T Sara “The Comparison of Discomfort Level between Upper Arm and Forearm Tourniquet”, MMJ 2006, Vol. 61, no. b, pg. 25-7,
- EK Chee, T Sara Ahmad. ES Ng, : Fibula Osteocutaneous Flap for mandible reconstruction after ameloblastoma resection: Amending Technique to reduce ischeamic time” MOJ 2007 Vol 1, No1 39-42
- Hussin P, Mahendran S, Ng ES. “Chronic dislocation of proximal interphalangeal joint with mallet finger:” Cases J. 2008 Oct 2;1(1):201.
- Low TH, Ahmad TS, Ng ES.2012.Letter Regarding Effects of Tension Across the Tendon Repair Site on Tendon Gap and Ultimate Strength .J Hand Surg Am 2012;37A:1958-9
- Low TH, Ahmad TS, Ng ES. Simplifying four-strand flexor tendon repair using double- stranded suture: a comparative ex vivo study on tensile strength and bulking. J Hand SurgEur 2012; 37(2):101-8 (Top 10 Most downloaded article from JHS(Eur) 2012)
Daycare and Elective Surgery
- Subang Jaya Medical Centre (SJMC)
- Ara Damansara Medical Centre (ADMC)
Emergency Consultations and Surgery
- Subang Jaya Medical Centre
- Ara Damansara Medical Centre Call Now