Dr Low Tze Hau
MBBS (UM), MS ORTHO (UM), CMIA (NIOSH)
Fellowship of Hand and Upper Limb Surgery (Australia)
Dr Low Tze Hau has vast experience working as a Consultant Hand Surgeon in Malaysia. He previously worked as a consultants in University Malaya Medical Centre and University Malaya Specialist Centre from 2010 till 2015. In University Malaya, he was also an Associate Professor and a lecturer. He was also the Head of the Hand and Reconstructive Microsurgery Unit, University Malaya Medical Centre from 2013 till 2015.
He received his Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery (MBBS) from Universiti Malaya in 2001 and then Master in Orthopaedic Surgery in 2009. Later he continued his advanced training in Hand and Microsurgery in University Malaya Medical Centre (UMMC) under the renowned Professor Dato Dr Tunku Sara . He also completed his Fellowship in Shoulder, Elbow and Hand Surgery in Australia in 2013.
In his clinical practise, he subspecialises on open and endoscopic nerve decompression (carpal tunnel release and cubital tunnel release), peripheral nerve and brachial plexus surgery, tendon repair and reconstruction, fractures of the upper limb, creation of arteriovenous fistula for chronic renal failure patients, hand arthritis surgery and wrist surgery (including arthroscopy).
He is also active in research to improve the quality of patient care and treatment. In 2009, he received Mahmood Merican Award for Best Thesis/Research on the subject of tendon repair surgery. He has actively published various publications on the arthritis of the thumb, tendon repair surgery, hand tumour and hand anomaly. His recent researches focus on fixation of elbow fractures, trigger finger surgery, dorsal wrist ganglion surgery and brachial plexus surgery.
He is also a regular reviewer for Journal of Hand and Microsurgery.
He is passionately involved in educational activities for post-graduates and fellow surgeons. He has been invited as speakers and instructors for various seminars and workshops on trauma,hand and microsurgery field. He is an active member of Malaysian Society of Surgery of the Hand, AO Trauma and Malaysia Orthopaedic Association.
- Malaysia Medical Council, MMC registration 38201
- National Specialist Registrar, NSR registration 131061
- Malaysian Society of Surgery of the Hand
- AO Trauma
- Malaysia Orthopaedic Association
- University Malaya Medical Centre
- Consultant Hand Surgeon, 2010-2015
- Head of Hand and Microsurgery Unit, 2013-2015
- Associate Professor, 2015
- Consultant Hand Surgeon, University Malaya Specialist Centre, 2013 – 2015
- Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon, Hospital Sultan Haji Ahmad Shah, 2009 – 2010
Research and Publications
- Low TH, Lim CY, Sivanoli R, Teh KK, Ravindran T. Multinodular/Plexiform Schwannoma of the Ulnar Nerve. Accepted by ANZ Journal of Surgery 2013.
- Low TH, Hales PF. High incidence and Treatment of FCR Tendinitis after Trapeziectomy and APL Suspensionplasty for Basal Joint Arthritis. Accepted by J Hand Surg Eur.2013
- Low TH, Ahmad TS, Ng ES.2012.Letter Regarding Effects of Tension Across the Tendon Repair Site on Tendon Gap and Ultimate Strength .J Hand Surg Am 2012;37A:1958-9
- Low TH, Chiu CK, Loke YH. Minimally invasive retrieval of incarcerated flexible intramedullary reamer. Eur J Orthop Surg Traumatol 2012; 22(1):113-115
- Low TH, Farok Senan NA, T Sara Ahmad. The Linburg- Comstock Anomaly: Incidence in Malaysians and Effect on Pinch Strength. J Hand Surg Am. 2012 ;37(5):930-2.
- Chiu CK, Low TH, Tey Y S, Singh V A, Shong H K. The efficacy and safety of intramuscular injections of methylcobalamin, a vitamin B12 analog, in patients with chronic nonspecific low back pain: a randomized controlled trial. Singapore Med J 2011; 52(12) : 868. (Winner of the SMJ Best Paper Award 2011)
- Low TH, Ahmad TS, Ng ES. Simplifying four-strand flexor tendon repair using double- stranded suture: a comparative ex vivo study on tensile strength and bulking. J Hand Surg Eur 2012; 37(2):101-8 (Top 10 Most downloaded article from JHS(Eur) 2012)
- Low TH, Saw LB, Kwan MK, Chan CYW, Deepak AS. Extensive Brown Tumors of Spine, Distal femur and Patella Presenting with Acute Cord Compression. A Case Report. Malaysian Orthopaedic Journal 2011; 5(1): 60-2
Daycare and Elective Surgery
- Subang Jaya Medical Centre (SJMC)
- Ara Damansara Medical Centre (ADMC)
Emergency Consultations and Surgery
- Subang Jaya Medical Centre
- Ara Damansara Medical Centre Call Now